Thursday, 29 August 2013

Hello . . . Again

     Hello Readers! It's been a while. This year again we'll be doing our litspiration challenges and blog posts with the additions of a few new projects/ideas. But first and update: this summer I read too many books to count but the one that I remember vividly in my mind was a novel called Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson. It told the story of a girl who's father was suffering from cancer and he only had three months or so to live. As his last wish of sorts the whole family drove up to their summer cottage where they hadn't been for several years. Once in the small town Taylor (the main character) meets old friends, makes new ones and spends a second chance summer with her whole family for the last time. I loved this novel so much which is surprising as I don't usually like contemporary. I found it to be funny and heart warming despite the ending. The characters were vivid and I felt as though I were right there with them.
     Currently I'm reading several books including a couple of Sarah Dessen's novels which I'm not enjoying as much I thought I would. I've heard so many good things about her novels and I'm hoping that the rest will be better than the ones I've read. I'm also reading Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers. My cousin loved this book so much so I thought I should try it and I'm really enjoying it. I'll post more when I finish it. In the mean time stay tuned for more upcoming posts,
~Jami

No comments:

Post a Comment